Thursday 6 October 2016

Winter Project Link Party :: 1






Jennifer over at Thistlebear is hosting her Winter Link Party again for this coming autumn and Winter. I thought I would try join in, perhaps not with every post as the level of my progress would be painfully slow...

I'm really enjoying making this cowl (the Whitlam cowl). I received the yarn and pattern as a kit from a very good friend who is a most excellent knitter from a lovely (very) local shop Baa Ram Ewe. It took me a bit of thought at the start and continues to be more challenging than mindless stocking stitch. I've had to undo rows more than a couple of times when I've suddenly realised I've got an extra stitch!!

I think it'll be worth it though, the lace pattern might need a bit of blocking to show it off to its best.

Anyway, I'm about halfway through the recommended length of the cowl. Let's see how we go...


6 comments:

  1. Love the colour! This is the best time for knitting scarves and cowls. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi N, thanks for joining in with my link party! You can join with as many as you like, it's totally up to you. Progress is not important, though, it's really just for fun and support. :) I really like your cowl so far, the color is very pretty and I love the lace pattern. I look forward to seeing more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this colour, and the yarn looks super-soft and cosy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Baa Ram Ewe, what a great shop! I have fond memories of that place. There was a lovely cafe over the road called The Bowery I think, and I'd have a coffee there...

    Love the colour of that yarn. It's going to be beautiful. I suspect the blocking with transform the lace pattern. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally appreciate the time and effort you took into putting it all together. If you are reading this comment, you are lucky enough to go for the cheap custom writing from our company and free yourself from excessive worries connected with writing! Thank you for providing this information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the United Kingdom or any part of the world for that matter - students are constantly out on the look for skilled dissertation help British writers. Don’t worry, you are not the only students in need of some help here and there. On top of stressful and burdening school work, exam papers and everything else that goes on in one's personal life. Managing academic responsibilities can become tougher day by day. So do not shy away from some help and place your orders to online dissertation help providers right now. The quicker you reach out to them, the more promptly you can get a paper delivered.

    ReplyDelete