Monday 29 December 2014

Frosty business


Well the festivities are (mostly) over. The ABO managed a swap and didn't have to go back to work until the 27th, which was lucky due the snow! even so the journey the next day took ages...I really dislike the M62! Hopefully this will be his last out of base for a while... 

I've been trying to assimilate the new toys into the house so that I'm not stepping on it (duplo/lego), pushing it out of the way of an almost 2 year old (playmobil) or finding it stuck to me (mosaic jewels).

The days have been cold and crisp. We stayed at home yesterday not leaving the house. The roads hadn't been gritted and I couldn't face slip sliding with BigR and a buggy! e didn't need to go out. It was cosy. We made loom band bracelets whilst LittleR napped. The girls played without too much refereeing. I didn't even have to rely on my faithful cbeebies baby sitter. Today we went out and did a few little errands. It was such a lovely day but it did take more than 15 minutes to de-ice the car.

Tomorrow we go to collect the ABO and then we start our holiday. I've got an extra week off after BigR goes back to school. We're planning some nice days but I think we'll end up doing some house maintenance stuff too. So it's likely to be a little bit quiet around here over the next couple of weeks. Then LittleR is 2. Time really does fly. Especially when you're having fun.

Thanks for visiting my blog in 2014. Wishing everyone health and happiness in 2015.


11 comments:

  1. Doesn't the frost make the most beautiful patterns. Much of the same going on here. I do have to venture out to get some groceries tomorrow though. We're having my parents in law for dinner on New Year's Day so need to stock up. Hope it's not too frosty.

    Wishing you a wonderful 2015! Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave been drawn to your blog by the title - even if it seems an oxymoron in the present climate in Australia (and probably in the UK). I do like the focus on the texture of ordinary life though. Happy new year! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also stayed at home the whole day yesterday - didn't fancy walking on icy pavements with the girls. Lucky you were able drive out. Our road is still hard to drive on, as a lot of other roads in Sheffield still are..Hope you enjoy your holiday and advance happy birthday to Little R! Wishing you and yoyr family a very happy New Year!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've been having a wonderful time. I know what you mean about trying to fit in the new toys. Luckily there wasn't anything too big here this year, except roller skates, I really don't know where they're going to live. Wishing you a wonderful 2-15. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you all a happy 2015! I have enjoyed your blogging journey last year and look forward to another year of interesting posts. We have been walking most days, the dog doesn't care much if it is icy or not but I am glad it is thawing now as our road is not generally serviced. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I'm not the only one who employs that particular babysitter!
    We went for a walk yesterday and the ground was scarily slippery. Best to stay indoors and keep warm...
    Have a lovely New Year.
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that you had a great Christmas and that your New Year will be wonderful too! Best wishes for all good things in 2015 to you and yours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frosty business indeed! I don't blame you for staying in. I did too yesterday, had a whirlwind tidying session trying to find homes for children's Xmas presents. Happy New Year to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year's wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the very best to you and yours this coming year! Hope you enjoy your break and LittleR's 2nd birthday. Time flies indeed! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated New Year to you and your family. Quiet family time. Can't beat it.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete