Wednesday, 14 May 2014
Ten random things
Having seen a few of these random lists on various blogs (but most notably Annie and Gillian) I thought I'd compile one of my own.
Pic is a random cloud I saw today and liked.
1. Growing up I wanted to be a marine biologist who specialised in crustaceans (not marine mammals that everyone else wanted!!). When I was 11 I wrote to a Professor in Cambridge (who had written a book I found in Foyles book shop) to ask how to be one. I got a handwritten reply and still have it. I did go on to study science but not marine science (even fewer jobs and opportunities in that than my chosen field!).
2. I kept tropical and marine fish when I lived with my parents and would love to again but marine tanks are a lot of work.
3. I wear skirts everyday to work (no need to...I just do) but jeans and leggings at home.
4. I'm not particularly tidy but I cannot bear knives, forks and spoons not to be in their correct sections in the cutlery drawer. I know the ABO frequently challenges this state of nature for his own amusement.
5. My cookbooks are arranged in colour order on their shelves.
6. I have strange food allergies being allergic to types of squash, pumpkin, courgettes. I have a severe allergy to beet root.
7. In 1982 John Craven (of Newsround fame) was on the same plane as my family (to somewhere in Greece). My mum stopped me from bothering him on his holiday on the way out but didn't have a leg to stand on the way back. I spent the entire flight chatting to his daughter.
8. My parents had a holiday romance (also in Greece!) and found out they lived 4 miles from each other.
9. I hardly ever wear make up as I always look like a clown when I apply it plus for some reason it slides off my face within minutes even with 'primers'.
10. I love lemons and will always choose a lemon dessert over anything else.